When is the right time to prune grape vines?
- Late winter is the best time to prune your vines because the plant is not producing fruit.
- Remove any canes that are growing beneath the trellis wires using loppers or pruning shears.
- Untangle the grape vines so that you can keep track of when you need to prune them.
- Remove any sick or damaged canes from the trunk of the tree.
How to prune old and overgrown grapevines?
- Pruning saw, brightly colored neon tape, pruning shears, and lopping shears are all useful tools.