The rhizomes of the plant are the most extensively used portion of the plant as a culinary ingredient, medication, and color dye, however the leaves and stems are also used for a variety of applications, mostly in the kitchen.
What is the best way to use turmeric?
The use of 500 mg of turmeric extract twice day for 2–3 months can help alleviate osteoarthritis symptoms. – For high cholesterol, take 700 mg of turmeric extract twice a day for three months to see whether it helps. 500 milligrams of turmeric taken three times daily for two months will help with itchy skin.
What are some recipes using turmeric?
- Fresh turmeric rhizome can be grated into soups before or after they are cooked.
- To use fresh turmeric rhizome instead, slice it thinly and add it to clear broth soups, such as chicken or vegetable soups, as you would a carrot.
- Fresh turmeric, chopped finely, is also a delicious addition to soups and sauces cooked with a coconut milk base.
- Rice should be flavored with grated or diced fresh turmeric.
What does turmeric do for your body?
- Taking turmeric on a daily basis may help to lower your risk of heart disease.
- By consuming turmeric on a daily basis, you may be able to reduce your chance of developing cancer.
- Turmeric use on a regular basis may be beneficial in the battle against depression.
- By taking turmeric on a regular basis, you can lower your chance of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- Taking turmeric on a daily basis may help to alleviate the symptoms of arthritis.