Choose a location. The first step in constructing a backyard rink is to identify the ideal outside location for the rink.
How to Zamboni your backyard ice rink?
- – Couple Up — To conveniently connect and disconnect the Zamboni from the hose, a replaceable rubber coupling connector is used.
- – Keep your pipes safe by turning on and off the water at the outside valve as needed.
- When the outside hose is not in use, it is important to turn off the water to prevent pipes from freezing.
- – Storage — Keep all things stored indoors to prevent them from freezing.
How to build a backyard ice rink on unlevel ground?
- Prepare the foundation. It is critical to begin with a 1- to 2-inch layer of compacted snow to serve as a foundation for the ice surface. This layer will be used to: construct the border
- solidify the base
- flood the rink
- and maintain the rink.
How to build an incredible backyard rink?
- Snow should be used to level the foundation. You’ll need a base of an inch or two of tightly packed snow for this. You use the rake to level off the snow on the ground.
- Create a border around the area. You may construct the containment walls of your skating rink out of either timber or plywood.
- Increase the stability of the foundation. This is a rather simple task. It’s simply a matter of putting some water into the snow base
- flooding the region. Now comes the exciting part.