- What exactly is the Cosmic Top Secret? Confidential. This sort of security clearance allows access to material that might jeopardize national security
- Top Secret
- and other classifications are available.
COSMIC TOP SECRET is another abbreviation for the term. The greatest degree of protection available in the Alliance, encompassing only the most critical information created by the Alliance itself. Unauthorized access would do NATO extreme harm, and it would be impossible to recover.
What is NATO’s Cosmic Top Secret?
Applied to material that might cause extraordinarily catastrophic damage to NATO, Cosmic Top Secret (CTS) is virtually the same as United States Top Secret in terms of classification.
What is a cosmic top secret document?
- NATO Security briefing given by the United States Marine Corps (3) states that ″Cosmic Top Secret″ is the highest classification designation for documents shared by NATO member states and militaries, and that ″Cosmic Top Secret″ is the highest classification designation for documents shared by NATO member states and militaries.
- The COSMIC system, which was formed in the 1950s to construct a NATO system, is where the designation gets its start.
What is the secret top secret?
(1) The information is classified as top secret. Top Secret refers to information or material pertaining to national security that requires the greatest level of protection possible. It will be necessary to determine if unauthorized exposure of the information would cause substantial harm to national security before it can be classified as Top Secret.
What is Cosmic Top Secret Atomal?
- Cosmic Top Secret (CTS) – This classification is virtually the same as U.S.
- Top Secret, except it is reserved for NATO countries alone.
- TOTAL – Allows access to information on United States Restricted/Formerly Restricted Data or United Kingdom Atomic Information that has been formally disclosed to NATO and can be classified at all three levels (Atomal, Critical, and Critical-High) (CTS, NS, and NC).
What is Atomal top secret?
The NATO security classification is supplemented with this designation where it is appropriate. For example, COSMIC TOP SECRET ATOMAL is a kind of atom (CTS-A). RESTRICTED DATA or FORMERLY RESTRICTED DATA from the United States, as well as United Kingdom Atomic Information provided to NATO, is considered ATOMAL information. Unclassified information from the NATO.
Is Top Secret higher than classified?
Top Secret information is the most highly classified type of information. Individual access to information is restricted by the use of a code word following top secret, which is a lawful technique to conceal collective and significant information. In the event that such information were made publicly available, it would do ″exceptionally terrible damage″ to national security.
What are the levels of top secret?
- Secret, Top Secret, and Confidential are the three degrees of national security clearance available to employees.
- Top Secret clearance is required for work that is judged Critical Sensitive.
- A Top Secret / Secret Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance is required for Special Sensitive work that involves access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI), which is a type of classified information.
Who has code word clearance?
Code-word information is shared with those who do not have top secret clearance. In the government’s possession, it refers to the most sensitive information that may be obtained, which is safeguarded by very limited access and special security processes. CIA administers it, and only those who have been given access to the material by way of a code-word are permitted to view it.
What is ultra Top Secret?
According to the classification authority, ‘Top Secret should be applied to material whose unauthorized exposure may reasonably be expected to result in ‘exceptionally grave damage’ to national security and which the original classification authority is able to define or characterize.’ As of 2019, around 1.25 million people hold Top Secret security clearance.
How do I get a NATO clearance?
A separate application is required for a NATO security clearance for military personnel. Access to NATO classified material at the levels of Control of Secret Material in an International Command (COSMIC) Top Secret, NATO Secret, or NATO Confidential requires a personnel security clearance at the level of Control of Secret Material in an International Command (COSMIC).
What is Caveated information?
When additional specific precautions are needed, caveats are used to signal that they exist. Some information necessitates the most stringent restrictions on its access and movement. This has been designated as responsible material by the creator.
Why do documents get declassified?
The automatic declassification process increases the likelihood of previously classified national security information being released to the general public and researchers, thereby enhancing their understanding of the United States’ democratic institutions and history, while at the same time ensuring that information that can still cause harm is protected from disclosure.
What are the clearance levels?
There are three degrees of security clearance: confidential, secret, and top secret. Confidential clearance is the lowest level.
What are the 5 levels of security clearance?
Depending on the classification of the materials that can be accessed, there are five levels of national security clearances to choose from: the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), the Counter-Terrorist Check (CTC), the Enhanced Baseline Standard (EBS), the Security Check (SC), and Developed Vetting (DV).
Do presidents get security clearance for life?
Depending on the classification of the materials that can be accessed, there are five levels of national security clearances available: the Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS), the Counter-Terrorist Check (CTC), the Enhanced Baseline Standard (EBS), the Security Check (SC), and the Developed Vetting (DV).
What is the highest government security clearance?
There are three degrees of security clearance, with Top Secret being the greatest level of protection. Secret clearance is the next degree of protection, while Confidential clearance is the highest.