- The Hawaiian–Emperor seamount chain, a chain of hotspot volcanoes in the Pacific Ocean, is the world’s largest and most prominent shield volcano chain.
- The Pacific Ocean is the world’s largest and deepest oceanic division, and it contains the world’s largest and most prominent shield volcano chain.
- It stretches from the Arctic Ocean in the north to the Southern Ocean in the south, and it is bordered on the west by Asia and Australia, and on the east by the continents of North and South America.
- What is the location of a well-known shield volcano?
- Mauna Loa, the world’s largest shield volcano, is one of five volcanoes that make up the Hawaiian island of Hawaii, which is located in the Pacific Ocean in the United States state of Hawai’i.
- Mauna Loa, the world’s biggest subaerial volcano in terms of both mass and volume, has long been regarded the world’s most active volcano, second only to the Tamu Massif in terms of activity.
It is an active volcano on the Big Island of the Hawaiian Islands, and it is home to a large population of people.
The Hawaiian–Emperor seamount chain, a series of hotspot volcanoes in the Pacific Ocean, is the world’s biggest and most visible shield volcano chain. It is also the world’s most active shield volcano chain.
Where is a famous shield volcano?
Mauna Loa, the world’s largest shield volcano, is located on the Big Island of the Hawaiian Islands and is the world’s largest shield volcano. With its elevation of 4169 meters above sea level and a total of 8 kilometers above the ocean floor, Mauna Loa is also elevated an extra kilometer or more due to the loading of the oceanic lithosphere caused by the massive load.
What places have shield volcanoes?
- In the Hawaiian Islands, the Mauna Loa volcano, the world’s largest shield volcano, is located on the Big Island. As the highest point on the Hawaiian Islands at 4169 meters above sea level, it rises to a total elevation of 8 kilometers over the ocean bottom, plus an extra kilometer or more owing to loading of the oceanic lithosphere by the massive weight.
What state has the most famous shield volcano?
Mauna Loa, the world’s largest shield volcano, is located on the Big Island in the Hawaiian Islands and is the world’s most active shield volcano. With its elevation of 4169 meters above sea level and a total of 8 kilometers over the ocean floor, Mauna Loa is also elevated an extra kilometer or more due to the loading of the oceanic lithosphere by the massive weight on the volcano.
What is a famous example of a shield volcano?
Kilauea and Mauna Loa (together with its Hawaiian companions), Fernandina (along with its Galápagos friends), Karthala, Erta Ale, Tolbachik, Masaya, and many more shield volcanoes are examples of this kind of volcano.
Is Mt St Helens a shield volcano?
Mount St. Helens is classified as a composite volcano (or stratovolcano), which is a word used to describe steepsided, typically symmetrical cones formed by alternating layers of lava flows, ash, and other volcanic material that have accumulated over time.
Where are the best known shield volcanoes in the United States name some examples in other parts of the world?
The most well-known shield volcanoes in the United States are located in the following locations: Please give some instances from different regions of the globe to illustrate your point. Hawaii. The Canary Islands, the Galapagos Islands, and Easter Island are all worth visiting.
What island is Mauna Loa on in Hawaii?
Mauna Loa is the world’s most active volcano and the biggest active volcano on the globe. Its name translates as ‘long mountain’ in Hawaiian, and its shape resembles that of a shield volcano, which is characterized by broad, rounded sides. The volcano occupies approximately 51 percent of the island of Hawai’i and rises to a height of 13,681 feet (4,170 meters) above sea level.
Is Hawaii a shield volcano?
The most active volcanoes on the Hawaiian islands are ″shield″ volcanoes, which spew lava flows that build gently sloping, shield-like mountains.
Where do most shield volcanoes form quizlet?
Shield volcanoes are most commonly seen along divergent borders between tectonic plates. These structures may be found in rift valleys and mid-ocean ridges, which are characterized by the fact that they were formed at divergent borders. They can also be found in hotspots.
Which island is Kilauea Volcano on?
Pu’u″″ and other vents in the volcano’s East Rift Zone erupted virtually constantly from 1983 to 2018, making it the youngest and most active volcano on the Hawaiian island of Oahu.
Is Yellowstone a shield volcano?
Yellowstone does not have a shield volcano, as is commonly believed. The supervolcano under Yellowstone is now classed as a caldera, which is a volcano that has a collapsed magma chamber, rather than a supervolcano.
Is Mauna Kea a shield volcano?
Mauna Kea, the island of Hawai’i’s tallest peak (4,207.3 m, 13,803 ft), is a shield volcano that rises from the southern slope of Kohala Volcano’s eastern rift zone. It is the world’s most active volcano.
Which volcano is known as the emperor of the volcanoes?
This volcano is part of a chain that includes the Nieuwerkerk volcano, which is known scientifically as the Emperor of China–Nieuwkerk (NEC) ridge. The depth of the ridge ranges between 3,100 and 2,700 metres (10,170 and 8,858 feet), depending on the location. Emperor of the People’s Republic of China (volcano)
|Emperor of China|
|Coordinates||6°37′S 124°13′ECoordinates: 6°37′S 124°13′E|