- Remove flowers from the vase as soon as they begin to wilt.
- This procedure, known as deadheading, helps to ensure that flowers continue to bloom until the conclusion of the growing season.
- If you don’t deadhead your flowers, the plant will go to seed and the flowering will stop much sooner.
- There were 30 related questions and answers found.
- When is the best time to trim my hummingbird mint plant?
In order to keep the plant looking clean, deadhead (clip) spent flower stems. If you’re growing Agastache as a perennial, don’t trim or deadhead it after the first frost of the season. Performing late-season pruning will result in new growth in the autumn that may not be able to withstand the winter.