On this page, you will find 47 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic phrases, and related terms for poll, including: survey, vote, voting-machines, yougov, consensus, ballot, ballot box(es), polling-place, polling area, question, register, and vote-machine(s).
List of synonyms for poll. ballot. count. opinion. survey. vote. voting. canvassing. statistics
What is the meaning of polling?
This indicates the grade level of the word based on its difficulty. a sampling or collection of opinions on a subject, drawn from either a selected or a random group of people, for the purpose of research or other study Usually, polls are conducted. the location where elections are held the process of registering votes, as in an election
What is a Polly?
- The number of students that study for or get a degree without receiving any accolades.
- Also referred to as poll degree.
- polly, you’ve made it to the next level.
- They also examine whether or not polls in the Midwest have fixed their biases and whether or not scandals are still relevant.
While poll worker shortages were already a worry in 2018, a scarcity of poll workers is expected to be a far greater issue in 2020.
What is a good sentence for the word poll?
In order to discover which community concerns are deemed most essential by members of the community, let’s run a survey. ″Voters throughout the country will go to the polls today in the general election, bringing weeks of political campaigning to a close.″ ″He resigned after earning the lowest polling results in any of the four elections he had contested during a nine-year span.″
What are some recent examples of polls on the web?
- In the most recent election, the conservative candidate received more than 10,000 votes overall.
- Recent Web-based examples include: Noun 68 percent of Americans, including 77 percent of individuals aged 34 and younger, expressed support for labor unions, according to the study.
- — The Washington Post published an article on November 23, 2021, titled According to a study conducted by the Washington Post, 70 percent of Americans are dissatisfied with the health of the economy.
What are antonyms for poll?
(pol) To elicit the views of others by posing particular inquiries is the definition of the verb. Exclude refuse lend lose sell end are all synonyms.
Why is it called a poll?
- The term ‘poll’ literally translates as’scalp’ or ‘head.’ In the olden days, when votes were collected by collecting people together and counting heads, the location where this was done (often in an open field) was referred to as the ″polls.″ Polling locations, which were used to collect and tally ballots during elections, have seen considerable transformations over the past 250 years.
What is the synonym of policy?
In British English, several synonyms for the word ″policy″ It was at this meeting that she proposed a strategy to her creditors for making repayments. activity, plan, or program as described by the Soviet President in his reform program practice.
What is the synonym of necessitate?
On this page, you will find 24 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for necessitate, including: require, constrain, involve, entail, over, command, demand, force, impel, ask, and take. Other words that are related to necessitate include: constrain, involve, entail, over, command, demand, force, impel, ask, and take.
What is your opinion poll?
An opinion poll, often known as a poll or a survey, is a human research study of public opinion that is conducted on a specific sample of the general public.
What is a synonym for nitpick?
On this page, you can learn about nitpick and its synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic phrases, and related terms, such as carp, critique, quibble, cavil, and cavil.
What does being polled mean?
- In order to conduct a general study of what people believe about an issue, it is necessary to ask a person for their opinion.
- Half of those who took part in the poll stated they would be willing to pay more for ecologically friendly food.
- SMART Vocabulary is a collection of linked words and phrases.
- Questioning individuals and asking questions in general is something I enjoy doing.
Inquire about sb.
What is meant by voting by poll?
When is it appropriate to utilize a poll vote? When voting on a motion to be determined by ordinary resolution, each lot is entitled to one vote on the motion in question. A poll is a method of counting votes for a motion that is distinct from the traditional method.
What is Instagram poll?
Instagram Polls allow your followers to participate in your Story by voting on it. PeopleImages courtesy of Getty Images .
What is the synonym of government?
Administration, executive, regime, authority, powers that be, directorate, council, leadership, management, cabinet, ministry, rule of law, term of office, incumbency, power
What is a synonym for when?
In addition to being present at the same time as. at the same time as. for the time being.
Is policy a synonym for strategy?
Among the words included on this page are strategy and its associated terms such as: strategy; policy; method; design; scheme; system; concept; blueprint; master plan; approach; intrigue; and policy; method.